Friday, February 3, 2017

Meishoku Organic Rose Skin Conditioner



Name: Meishoku 明色化粧品 Organic Rose Skin Conditioner 明色スキンコンディショナー
Price: ¥ 950 for 200 ml
@cosme rating: 4.8
Release date: 22.8.2011
Made in: Japan

While I was picking up Meishoku's Organic Rose Moisture Soda Mist, I saw Skin Conditioner right beside it. It was too pretty to be left alone, so of course I had to toss it into my trolley. Yeah trolley, because 美華泰 is awesome!

Like Naturie's Skin Conditioner, I mostly use Meishoku's version whenever I am in need of some pampering in the form of a lotion mask. I whack on a couple of cotton pads soaked in this precious liquid and let them sit on my face for 10 minutes.

As a pre-lotion, Skin Conditioner goes on after my acid treatment and before my treatment toner of choice (oftentimes the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence). Hmmm, remind me to show you guys my evening skincare routine one of these days. It has gotten unnecessarily complicated. Haha!

The liquid has the appearance of plain water, albeit slightly more silky, packaged in an adorable pink chubby bottle.

It has astringent properties, which helps to suppress shine, thus improving skin condition. Apparently it restores skin to its original (or close to it) mildly acidic condition. I don't know how true this is... firstly, I am a skeptic (the chart on Meishoku's page raises more questions than it resolves them) and secondly, I don't have pH strips on hand for verification purposes.

It works just as well as the Naturie version but it is not as attractive price wise (nor is it available here), which makes this purchase hard to justify. As mentioned above, I bought my bottle from 美華泰 for NT$ 356 (discounted from NT$ 395).

Do you have a favourite Skin Conditioner that you would like to share it with me?

The full ingredient list for Organic Rose Skin Conditioner:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Butylene Glycol, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Ethylparaben, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Sorbitol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Fragrance, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Sodium Lactate, Methylparaben.

0 comments :